SeaTree - Tea Tree Shampoo
If you love a a STRONG Tea Tree shampoo then SeaBar SeaTree shampoo is for you. A strong mixture of Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus designed to sooth the scalp and combat common causes of dandruff.
- All Natural Tea Tree Oil
- Free of sulfates, silicones, parabens, and pthalates
1 Pound ocean trash cleaned-up with every purchase
The Nerdy Stuff
- Apply directly to a VERY wet scalp
- Work into a lather making sure to massage the scalp. This has the added benefit of exfoliating the scalp and allowing the flakes to wash away.
- Allow to sit on the scalp for 2-3 minutes to give the active ingredients time to work.
About dandruff...for nerds:
Dandruff occurs when dead skin is shed mostly from the scalp, but can come from other areas like the face, ears, and eyebrows. Dry skin, and imbalance in the microbiome of your scalp are the typical causes.
Things you can do to combat dandruff:
- Use gentle sulfate-free shampoos that don't dry your skin our. You can also try washing your hair less often, washing 2-3 times per week is adequate for most people.
- Use a shampoo containing anti-fungal ingredients (we use tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and rosemary extract) to help restore your scalps microbiome balance. Your scalp has billions of microbes living on it, including yeast and the fungus Malassezia when they grow unchecked it can lead to dandruff.
- Periodically exfoliate your scalp to reduce the buildup of dead skin cells.
- Apply conditioner to the scalp. While you don't typically apply conditioner to the scalp, you can experiment with applying conditioner, which is essentially hair lotion, directly to the scalp to fight dry skin.
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - our main cleansing agent is very gentle and won't dry out your skin.
Tea Tree Oil- Thanks to it's skin soothing, and anti-microbial properties, tea tree oil has long been used to fight dandruff
Eucalyptus Oil - Like tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil soothes the skin and fights fungal infections.
SeaTree Oil Shampoo: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree), Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthanol, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein , Menthol, Allantoin, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Rosemary Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables,